The app zoo, on the ncsdk2 branch, has a tiny_yolo_v2 implementation that I used as the basis for this. It only took about an hour to get this working on the desktop – integration with rt-ai was very easy. The Raspberry Pi end was not – all kinds of version number issues and things like that. However, even though not all of the tools would compile, I just moved the compiled graph from the desktop to the Pi and that worked fine.
This is the design. The main difference here from the usual test designs is that the MYOLO SPE is assigned to node pi34 (the Raspberry Pi) rather than the desktop (Default). Just assigning the MYOLO SPE to the Pi saved me from having to connect a Picam or uvc camera to the Pi and also allowed me to get a better feel for the pure performance of the Pi with the NCS.
As can be seen from the first screen capture it worked fine although, because it supports only a subset (20 of 91) of the usual COCO labels, it did not pick up the mouse or the keyboard. Performance-wise, it was running at about 1fps and 30% CPU. Just for reference, I was getting about 8fps on the i7 desktop.